In addition to writing and editing professionally at the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), I teach English, Humanities, and Social Sciences courses at UNR and at Truckee Meadows Community College. Since 2004, I have been a marketing writer and editor for the university’s Extended Studies Marketing Department, for which I worked full-time until moving to Chile in 2011. In addition to telecommuting part-time as a writer and editor for UNR from South America, I also taught English for two semesters at the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María in Valparaíso, Chile. Prior to joining UNR, I worked as a journalist, writing and editing news stories and features for the Reno Gazette-Journal. I earned a master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree in English from UNR, where I was chosen for a graduate research assistantship in Victorian literature and graduated with a 4.0/4.0 cumulative GPA. I have also completed two 50-hour TEFL Certificates from the University of Arizona and a 30-hour Social Media Marketing Certificate from UNR, in addition to 100 hours of Spanish courses in Chile and a graduate TESOL course through UNLV.
- RT @ACLU: Any member of @NationalADAPT or others mistreated during Capitol protests should contact @ACLU_DC 5 days ago
- RT @ACLU: We can't believe this needs to be said, but it's not okay to drag people out of wheelchairs when they're protesting legislation.… 5 days ago
- RT @OhNoSheTwitnt: Maybe if we start calling it Unborn Baby Earth instead of Mother Earth republicans will be more concerned with its well-… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MikeBloomberg: .@BloombergDotOrg and partners will provide up to $15M in funding the @UNFCCC stands to lose from Washington. https://t.… 3 weeks ago
- RT @MikeBloomberg: Washington can't stop our climate progress. Americans will fulfill the #ParisAgreement by leading from the bottom up htt… 3 weeks ago