In addition to writing and editing professionally at the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), I teach English, Humanities, and Social Sciences courses at UNR and at Truckee Meadows Community College. Since 2004, I have been a marketing writer and editor for the university’s Extended Studies Marketing Department, for which I worked full-time until moving to Chile in 2011. In addition to telecommuting part-time as a writer and editor for UNR from South America, I also taught English for two semesters at the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María in Valparaíso, Chile. Prior to joining UNR, I worked as a journalist, writing and editing news stories and features for the Reno Gazette-Journal. I earned a master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree in English from UNR, where I was chosen for a graduate research assistantship in Victorian literature and graduated with a 4.0/4.0 cumulative GPA. I have also completed two 50-hour TEFL Certificates from the University of Arizona and a 30-hour Social Media Marketing Certificate from UNR, in addition to 100 hours of Spanish courses in Chile and a graduate TESOL course through UNLV.
- RT @TeenVogue: "When I tell someone that my preferred pronouns are they/them/their, I never know what to expect." (via @youthradio) https:/… 3 minutes ago
- RT @ProPublica: These students were shipped off to detention facilities, without their parents’ knowledge. And It can happen again. https:… 16 hours ago
- RT @ACLU: If oppressive dress codes are some of your #BackToSchoolComplaints, know your rights. https://t.co/k4aSDsub1C 17 hours ago
- #Resist racism & hate in #Reno 8/23 w/ @PLANactionNV @CCWFP @pdareno @ForOurFutureNV @Blklivesmatter #ResistTrump on.rgj.com/2v4l80B 20 hours ago
- RT @poetrymagazine: "The Eclipse" by Deborah Trustman, from the December 1975 issue of POETRY #eclipse poet.ly/5Ott30ewisR https://t.co… 22 hours ago