In addition to writing and editing professionally at the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), I teach English, Humanities, and Social Sciences courses at UNR and at Truckee Meadows Community College. Since 2004, I have been a marketing writer and editor for the university’s Extended Studies Marketing Department, for which I worked full-time until moving to Chile in 2011. In addition to telecommuting part-time as a writer and editor for UNR from South America, I also taught English for two semesters at the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María in Valparaíso, Chile. Prior to joining UNR, I worked as a journalist, writing and editing news stories and features for the Reno Gazette-Journal. I earned a master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree in English from UNR, where I was chosen for a graduate research assistantship in Victorian literature and graduated with a 4.0/4.0 cumulative GPA. I have also completed two 50-hour TEFL Certificates from the University of Arizona and a 30-hour Social Media Marketing Certificate from UNR, in addition to 100 hours of Spanish courses in Chile and a graduate TESOL course through UNLV.
- RT @ACLU: When police enforce the racial biases of private citizens, they establish governmental discrimination. aclu.org/blog/racial-ju… 1 hour ago
- RT @KamalaHarris: 2,000 children have already been separated at the border. These detention facilities are filled with children suffering t… 1 hour ago
- RT @MoveOn: .@sendavidperdue: @realdonaldtrump can #TwitterScream #WitchHunt all he wants but Americans demand the truth. #ProtectMueller's… 1 hour ago
- RT @ProPublica: Inside a detention center last week. Children separated from their parents wail and ask for help. A Border Patrol agent b… 2 hours ago
- RT @nytimes: The 25-year-old mother from Guatemala was separated from her son when she got to the U.S. border. She was told they would be s… 19 hours ago