In addition to writing and editing professionally at the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), I teach English, Humanities, and Social Sciences courses at UNR and at Truckee Meadows Community College. Since 2004, I have been a marketing writer and editor for the university’s Extended Studies Marketing Department, for which I worked full-time until moving to Chile in 2011. In addition to telecommuting part-time as a writer and editor for UNR from South America, I also taught English for two semesters at the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María in Valparaíso, Chile. Prior to joining UNR, I worked as a journalist, writing and editing news stories and features for the Reno Gazette-Journal. I earned a master’s degree and a bachelor’s degree in English from UNR, where I was chosen for a graduate research assistantship in Victorian literature and graduated with a 4.0/4.0 cumulative GPA. I have also completed two 50-hour TEFL Certificates from the University of Arizona and a 30-hour Social Media Marketing Certificate from UNR, in addition to 100 hours of Spanish courses in Chile and a graduate TESOL course through UNLV.
- RT @harikunzru: Of the various obituaries of the Chilean 'antipoet' Nicanor Parra, who has died aged 103, this is the bitterest and most i… 2 weeks ago
- RT @AHAhistorians: For #BlackHistoryMonth, we're revisiting a few of our favorite articles and blog posts on the topic, starting with @matt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @edutopia: A dozen books that are perfect for girls interested in science, technology, engineering, or math. edut.to/2FCxAVS htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @pbsteachers: Register for the 2/15 "More Than a Month" black history film & conversation online event for classrooms, featuring a scree… 2 weeks ago
- RT @KamalaHarris: From attacks on our immigrant communities and Dreamers, repeated attempts to take away our health care, and everything in… 2 weeks ago